Cubasis 3 3.2 MIDI Latency Build-up

Hi,

When using MIDI-Thru on a MIDI channel to play external MIDI instrument from external MIDI controller, a noticeable latency builds up after a few minutes. Closing Cubasis 3 and re-opening resolves the problem temporarily, but after a while the latency returns and a new shut-down and re-start is required. Very annoying.

Expected results: No latency on MIDI whatsoever at any time

Actual results: Noticeable MIDI latency builds up after a few minutes, making playing impossible. From investigations using headphones in various parts of my setup, it’s not an audio latency, it’s definitely a MIDI latency. The is issue temporarily resolved by shut-down and re-start the app, but only for a few minutes, after which the latency returns.

Hardware: iPad Air 3rd Gen (2019)
Audio/MIDI Interface: iConnectivity ConnectAUDIO 2/4 and Apple CCK

Software: iPadOS 14.3, Cubasis 3 V3.2, iConnectivity Firmware latest (V2.0.1)

I have set-up a template with 3 MIDI tracks each set to output to a different channel for each of my external gear, and I mute the ones I don’t want to hear. A single audio channel is used to hear the audio and apply effects/record as a start point for a project. The latency is apparent not only on the audio channel but also when I use headphones on the external gear being triggered by MIDI. Shutting down Cubasis 3 preserves the template exactly as it was when it re-starts, and for a few minutes at least the latency is gone, but it then builds up again. I searched before posting, the only thing I could find was to do with Cubasis 2 and an older iPadOS so not relevant.

Many thanks,

Marley

Hi marley909,

Thank you for your report, which has been shared with the team.

Do you achieve these results when working in cycle mode?
Does things work as expected, when cycle mode is disabled=

Thanks,
Lars