Cubasis 3.4.3 Android Sample Rate 48 -> 44.1 kHz for Yamaha THR10 (X)

Dear Cubasis Fans,

I just purchased Cubasis 3 for Android and wanted to record some tracks with my YAMAHA THR 10 X amp. The recording worked fine, but I recocnized that there is a growing shift in time during the playback compared to the click. The Yamaha THR 10 X has a build in 44.1 kHz audio interface. But when I go to the project settings I am not able to select the sample frequency. It is always fix set to 48 kHz. So, I wonder, if this might cause the growing time shift problem. Additionally the Amp is only selectable as USB Headset for the Input and Output device.

I also tried to use an old Edirol/Roland UA25 Audio interface. This interface is displayed with its correct name and I don’t have this time shift problems. For the UA25 I tested 44.1KhZ and 48 kHz, as the sample rate can be selected with a build in switch.Both are working fine, but it was still not possible to change the sample frequency in Cubasis. (Always set to 48kHz)

I hope that the experts are able to help me to solve my problem.

I found the solution for my problem. During my last tests I was also connected with my phone over bluetooth to the aux in of the Yamaha amp which was also monitored to the amp speaker. After the deactivation of this path I was able to synchronize my recording to the klick. But it is still not possible to change the sampling rate. But as long as it works I am fine with this issue.

I also recognized, that directly after the recording I can see a visual increasing shift in time between the recording and the klick/beat. But when I zoom in, the shift in time disappears. When I zoom out again, the shift in time is also gone. Perhaps cubasis does a resampling of the recordings, if coming from a 44.1kHz device and the waveforms are only updated after zooming in?

Hi @jogger86,

Thanks for your message and welcome to the Cubasis forum.
Please apologize for my late response!

We are very glad to read that you’ve found the solution for the problem yourself!

Enjoy making music
& stay safe,
Lars