Cubasis 3.5.1 freeze on launch

Hi Lars,
Since todays latest 3.5.1 update I have noticed this bug which appears quite often.
When launched, Cubasis 3 (iOS) locks up for around 15 seconds and everything you see in the photo remains, but this only happens when the tutorial and forum section on the launch screen is turned off. I am happy to leave the tutorial section turned on, but for those who don’t :-1:
Mike

Hi @fixitmania53,

Thanks for your report. Unfortunately we are unable to reproduce the problem.

• Which iOS device and iPadOS version do you use?
  • How Cubasis is launched (regular or via Quick Action)?

Please share a video with us which shows the steps, leading to the issue.

Thanks
Lars

Hi Lars,
I don’t know what happened but I am unable to provide a clip of the freeze issue because it has not happened since you asked, so I will consider this subject closed, besides it was never really a problem for me anyway as long as I left the media strip displayed when launching Cubasis.
Regards
Mike.

Hi @fixitmania53,

I don’t know what happened but I am unable to provide a clip of the freeze issue because it has not happened since you asked, so I will consider this subject closed

Thanks for the update, glad to read the issue never appeared since then. Please get in touch, if you encounter it again.

Thanks,
Lars

Hi Lars,
I tried launching Cubasis this afternoon and it froze again on a few occasions, but this time I was able to capture it on video.
I am using iPad Air 4 iOS16, Cubasis is fully updated too.
Mike.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9fumhed25rpup9z/Cubasis%20Freeze%20on%20Launch?dl=0

Hi @fixitmania53,

Thanks for you message.
Unfortunately the clip can’t be viewed.

Thanks
Lars

It can be viewed, download the file and add .mov extension to it…

Hi Lars,
I have tried to resend the video clip via WeTransfer but I keep getting this message:
“Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized“
I’m now baffled :thinking:

Hi Samuel,
Please could you explain a bit more how I can view a Dropbox clip, I can’t find anywhere that permits download.
Thanks
Mike.

Hi @fixitmania53,

No need to upload again! Adding the .mov extension did the trick (thanks for the hint @Samuel_Lindeman)!

Best,
Lars

1 Like

Hi @fixitmania53 again,

Could the issue be related to system load?
Here are a few additional points provided by our engineering.

• If the problem occurs frequently with a specific project, please share the project file with us.
  • If the issues occur frequently with all projects, please let us know if (and which) AU or IAA plugins are used.
  • Has USB hardware plugged in when the problem pops up?
  • You may give it a try to empty the trash.
  • The 1st screenshot shows a large number of projects. You could try moving half of those projects to a subfolder to check if the problem still occurs.
  • In addition, please send us screenshots of all setup pages

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,
Thanks for the advice.
I have tidied up my projects and cleared the trash and so far everything seems ok. When the freeze did occur, it usually only happened when opening small projects with no AUv3 or IAA apps, using quick launch/Browse.
Fingers crossed it stays this way :crossed_fingers:

Hi @fixitmania53,

Glad to read it helped to resolve the problem.

Thanks
Lars