Cubasis 3.5 Hub & Quick Actions

Congrats with the 10th anniversary! I’ve been using Cubasis since it came out.
I’m happy you squashed so many bugs with version 3.5.
However, I am not happy with the Cubasis Hub and Quick Actions.

I only use Cubasis with a 8 channel audio/midi interface (Behringer UMC1820) and will never, ever use the suggested “New Project”. I tried to delete it to replace it with my 8 channel audio Template. Though it wouldn’t allow me.
Can you please give us the option to choose the template for our new project?

Also, as a long term Cubasis user, I have no interest in getting started and other tutorials. I rather have the option to turn off the hub or landing page completely .

Thanks

Hi @MarcelX,

Thanks for your message.

What about choosing your favorite project to be loaded via using the “Browse” tab in the HUB?

If this does not work out for you, choosing the “Open Recent Project” option in the “Quick Actions” should work out, if you make sure to always end Cubasis having a decent project loaded.

Hope that helps!

Stay safe
Lars

Best,
Lars

Thank you for your reply.

Browse the hub would be okay to load my template, but then if I want to continue my recent project, the hub is an extra additional step.

The quick action would always be a hit or miss action, and I can’t predict what I want to do next time.

All with all, it seems extra workarounds.
Please, let the user select their own default project and an option to disable the hub?

In my honest opinion, the new Hub in v3.5 is an absolute must and it has made Cubasis ever better. There has been many times where I have launched Cubasis3 which uses some IAA synths, causing the initial launch to take anything up to a minute, but now I can just tap Cubasis/Browse and see at a glance any project names with abbreviated IAA apps that I added to the titles, so that I can pre-launch them first, Cubasis then only take’s seconds to launch :slightly_smiling_face:
The only bug I have found so far is the “pinch to zoom” now doesn’t work sometimes, but I’m sure this will be fixed quickly.

1 Like

Thats why Marcel is asking for an “option to disable the hub”
He isnt asking to remove it, he asks for an option to disable it for the users that dont need it.
I dont see any reason to oppose his request and to give the devs a reason to not implent that option.

Things getting “fixed quickly” is a bit of wishful thinking as updates dont come regular.
The reason is probably because every update has to be revised by the app/playstore with the chance it doesnt get approved and the devs need to change it/find another way to accomplish the same change.
If you roll out an update,lets say:weekly, and have to redo it everytime takes up a lot of time n stagnates the devs workflow so if you do a massive update with longer intervals you can tackle all the non approved elements at once.

Maybe not but that would be the most logical reason for having long intervals between updates.

Hi CJ Monster,
The pinch to zoom bug is only intermittent, once it is up and running it’s fine, I can live with it for now.
Thanks for the info :beers:

1 Like

Hi @fixitmania53

In my honest opinion, the new Hub in v3.5 is an absolute must and it has made Cubasis ever better. There has been many times where I have launched Cubasis3 which uses some IAA synths, causing the initial launch to take anything up to a minute, but now I can just tap Cubasis/Browse and see at a glance any project names with abbreviated IAA apps that I added to the titles, so that I can pre-launch them first, Cubasis then only take’s seconds to launch :slightly_smiling_face:

Glad to read this!

The only bug I have found so far is the “pinch to zoom” now doesn’t work sometimes, but I’m sure this will be fixed quickly.

Do you have more details about this? If so please share them with us, to allow us further evaluating the problem.

Thanks
Lars

I would also very much appreciate an option to hide the hub in a future update. Previously the app would immediately resume where I left off, which I think is what many users would expect in the mobile app.

Note that Cubase 12 has a similar hub which CAN be disabled.

Hi @jnetiq,

Please give the added Quick Options a try:

• Make a long tap on the Cubasis app icon
  • Choose “Open Recent Project” or “Create New Project”

This is the quickest to launch Cubasis directly…

Please give it a try!

Best,
Lars

For Cubasis, I only see the option to uninstall. Other apps like Google drive and Gmail do offer such shortcuts. Maybe I need to uninstall and reinstall Cubasis, but I don’t want to risk losing my project data.

In principle though this would be a good solution. Thanks for pointing it out!

Hi @jnetiq,

Please explain the reason why you have to uninstall Cubasis.

Thanks
Lars

I’m not sure I need to, and I’m not planning to. I was just speculating that maybe the update to 3.5 didn’t work correctly and perhaps a clean install would help. The reason I say this is because, if I understood your comment correctly, I should see shortcuts when I long press the Cubasis app, but I only see the “Uninstall” option.

Hi there,
If you press the app icon too long you will get the delete option, tapping the icon too quick opens Cubasis, but just press the icon for no longer than half a second and you will get the project options, it does work :+1:
Good luck

As I previously mentioned, it does work with various other Android apps. It definitely does not work with Cubasis for me. It either opens the app (brief press) or shows uninstall (longer press). There is no other behaviour.

Hi @jnetiq,

I’m sorry I do not understand the problem.
Could you share a short clip with us, which shows the problem?

Thanks
Lars

Here’s a link to a screen recording. You’ll see that with other Android apps I see shortcuts when long pressing the icons, but with Cubasis 3.5 I only see an Uninstall option.

Hi @jnetiq,

Thanks for clarification!

As stated in the Version History, Quick Action support is limited to iOS unfortunately.

Best,
Lars

Like several other features that are only limited to Ios.
From certain audio settings to the waves bundle.

Here’s a trivia: What feature or functionality does Cubasis for Android have that the Ios version doesnt have?

No problem, thanks for clarifying!

This thread was originally about the new hub, and the fact that for many users, when launching the application, the most useful action would be to resume where they left off (most users won’t finish a track in a single session). This was the behaviour prior to 3.5.

Now, we (at least Android users) first get the hub screen, and then have to click “Open Recent”. It’s a very minor inconvenience, and I can see that the hub is useful for new users. Ideally, there would be an option to disable the hub, but I can live with the occasional extra click. :slight_smile:

Hi @jnetiq,

The team will check, if bringing Quick Actions to Android would be possible…

Best,
Lars