Cubasis 3 export to Cubase Elements 10.5 not working

Hi,

I have Cubasis 3 installed on my iPad and Cubase LE AI Elements 10.5 on my PC. I’ve installed the Cubasis Project Importer 3 on my PC as well. When I export (Share) a project from Cubasis to Dropbox everything is fine. It creates the .ZIP just as expected. I then unzip the .ZIP file containing my audio .CBP file.

But in Cubase nothing happens. I go to File → Import → Cubasis Project, choose the .CBP file and nothing happens. Not even an error. Absolutely nothing happens. When I just installed Cubasis 3 on my iPad I created a quick test project and imported it in Cubase (after realizing I had to install the importer). And it was working. Even with the same colors in the mixer and all.

Am I missing something here? Or doing something wrong? Any ideas?

Best regards,
Carlos.

Hi Carlos DK,

Thanks for your message.

Is it correct, that the project file imported fine with Cubase before, but no longer do?

Thanks,
Lars

Hej Lars,

Thanks for your reply. Yes it’s correct. Right after installing Cubasis on my iPad I did a quick test to check that I could import the .CBP in Cubase Elements. And I could without problems. But when I tried again days later with a “real” project it didn’t work. Not even an error message. I uninstalled the Cubasis Importer and reinstalled it again nut no luck…

Best regards,
Karl.

Hi Karl,

If possible, please share the project with us via Dropbox or similar.
If you agree, please let me have the download link via private message.

Thanks,
Lars

Hi Lars,

That’s a good idea. I’ll create a small project later and send you the link/invite to Dropbox. If you can open it then I know the issue must be related to my PC/Cubase Elements. And if you cannot open it the problem must be on my iPad/Cubasis.

Best regards,
Karl.

Hi again,

Problem solved. I created a test project and much to my surprise it worked just fine. I then pulled up my original project and tried again. It did NOT work. I found out that the name of the folder containing the unzipped audio files and the .CBP file was spelled with a Danish letter. As I changed that everything was working perfect.

Best regards,
Karl.

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the update!
Glad to hear you’ve been abled to resolve the issue.

Greetings to lovely DK!

Stay safe,
Lars