Cubasis 3 for Android Performance Issues - Please Read This First!

Hi Lars, thanks for the E-mail pointing me here.
As far as I can see i’ve run through all the suggestions in the first message of the thread and nothing has helped.
So I have done some fact finding to work out a bit more information that maybe will help you work out what is going on.

I seem to be having the same issues as user Gibbonsderek as i also have an S10+ (5g) so i followed his line of fault finding for more information.

Here is what I have managed to work out.

on a fresh boot of the phone I loaded cubasis and then the demo track. I solo the baseline as its easier to hear whats going on (though any track including midi clicks).

Playing the track gave the occasional click… 1-2 per bar.
So i plugged in my USB headphones to try those… the audio stuttered very briefly but then continued from the speakers!! So no headphone audio.

So I then plugged into my laptop using Samsung dex (I assume you’re familiar, if not its a way to use the phone remotely via a laptop, a sort of docking station). The sound came out lovely through my studio monitors, crisp and clear… set to 20ms however here is where i noticed the first difference.
As I changed the latency down from 20ms I got stuttering/distortion… a totally different sound to what i’ve heard so far and the audio was un-usable… so had to raise it back to 20ms even 16ms was no good.(as expected… 20ms is good)

Next I moved on to my bluetooth speaker…
On this device audio was crisp and clear again! Now comes the strange part!!
Lowering the latency didn’t really do anything… the DSP % went up of course in the meter, but audio continued to be clear and crisp, even if i put the slider fully down to the off position!!

For some reason while playing on bluetooth i decided to plug my USB headphones in again, and to my suprise they indeed took the audio this time, same response as the internal speakers, crackles, and latency setting not really changing much other than a slight increase of crackles when you turn it right down. (the dsp % does raise though, so it is ajusting something)…

I have since typing the above, worked out that to swap to headphones i need to toggle studio quality on and off. but it doesnt change how each sound output behaves once working.

I hope that this is helpful, if you would like me to test any particular scenarios etc please don’t hesistate to ask.

Meanwhile I’ll just keep using cubase on the laptop until a solution can be found as I am home most the time at the moment anyway due to the virus.

Stuart.