Cubasis 3/Ipad and Motu Ultralite MK4 no out/in

Hi,

while my USB audio interface Motu Ultralite MK4 is USB Class Compliant and works with all other apps on my Ipad, I can’t make it work with Cubasis 3. Does anyone have any idea on how to trouble shoot or what could go wrong?

Am running the latest IOS on an Ipad Air 2

Thanks and regards,
Dennis

Hi dennis1710,

Thanks for your message and welcome to the Cubasis forum!

Cubasis fully supports class compliant audio devices.
Normally, class compliant devices can be used simply via plug and play.

However, it is important that Cubasis has access to the microphone.
Making sure the option is enabled via following these steps:

• Please go to the iPad settings
  • There please go to Privacy / Microphone
  • Please make sure to enable Microphone use with Cubasis.

Please find more details about how to use the app via our available Getting started with Cubasis tutorial.

Alongside, the YouTube description includes markers allowing you to jump to dedicated chapters of the clip.

If the problem persists, we suggest to get in touch with Motu.
We’re at hand to have them equipped with a Cubasis promo code for testing purposes.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

That worked. Seems a bit misleading to me having to allow microphone access while technically it’s not a microphone that I want to grant access for but an USB audio interface. I hope that can be fixed in future versions.

Thanks for your help.

Hi dennis1710,

That worked. Seems a bit misleading to me having to allow microphone access while technically it’s not a microphone that I want to grant access for but an USB audio interface. I hope that can be fixed in future versions.

Thanks for the updated feedback.
We are glad to read that the problem could be solved by this.

Starting Cubasis the very first time, a popup asking your permission to use the microphone appears, which has to be accepted. It seems you’ve cancelled the option manually before.

Unfortunately, there is no other way of doing it.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars