Cubasis 3 vs iPadOS 15

Just wondering if updating to Apple’s latest and greatest is not the best idea just yet? I updated when it came available, after checking to see if there were any alerts from Steinberg about incompatibility - there weren’t, that I could find.

Now, I can start the program but it doesn’t let me do anything. Any idea when a patch will be released?

I still haven’t worked doing new things but I opened Cubasis 3 under iPad iOS 15 and at least I can play an old project without issues.

Hi @NateEm,

Thanks for your message and welcome to the Cubasis forum!

So far we did not experience any issues running Cubasis under iPad OS 15.
But you might wait for other users to share their experiences too.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi Lars/Knopf,

It seems to be resolved itself, but has now been replaced with two other issues - the spotiness of using plugins thru IAA, and using Bluetooth headphones…also a sporadic issue. Sigh. Will have a search around for any previous posts before starting a new thread/s. Cheers!

Hi @NateEm,

Thanks for your message.

If you stumble on iPadOS 15 related issues, please let us know.
Below please find the steps how to use your BT phones with Cubasis.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

How to use your Bluetooth phones / devices with Cubasis

Please use the following steps to use Cubasis 3 with the your BT phones:

• Please connect your BT phones to the iPad
  • Launch Cubasis and go to Setup/Audio and enable “Bluetooth / AirPlay” by tapping the corresponding button

If you encounter audio issues, please go to Setup/Project and choose (or reselect) the matching sample rate of your project.

On a side note:
Please note that connecting wireless headphones bring lots of system-related latency, which will make it hard to record instruments in real-time.

I’ve upgraded to iOS 15 and did not experience any issues so far.

1 Like

Hi @nok,

Thanks for your confirmation, that Cubasis seems to work as expected on iPadOS 15 for you!

Great!

Best,
Lars