Cubasis and Ipad Pro

Various tech sites and Apple are reporting that the Ipad Pro will have double the RAM and nearly twice the speed of the Ipad Air 2, and that it will be faster than 80% of all portable PCs. Don’t know about that last one, but I naturally started wondering if Cubasis might sprout new features to take advantage of the extra processing power, such as real-time audio warping, scoring, or video import. I know this might bring it a little too close to Cubase for comfort, but Cubasis’ touch orientated UI is beginning to grow on me and I find it unbeatable for those times when inspiration strikes and you just have to record that idea RIGHT NOW. Okay, the Pro might be bigger and heavier to lug around than an Air 2, but it’s still going to be much more portable than a 13" notebook. So, can we expect to see Cubasis Pro? Or maybe Cubase 2GO? Let’s have some fun and fantasize! Thoughts?

First of all, can we expect Cubasis to run as well or better on the iPad pro? Will the app correctly scale to the higher resolution?

Hopefully not just scale … More real estate means more control space …

More Memory equals better sounds…

faster processor gives us better effects?

maybe some innovative Pencil control to draw EQ curves / volume automation, trim events…

Lots of possibilities !