I am pretty new to making music using my iPad Pro 10,5" from 2017 with an A10X processor. When running Cubasis with Audio Unit Synths like Moog Model D, Zeeon or Sunrizer it will very soon start cracking. Of course this is very irritating, especially because when I use these synths standalone the sound quality is extremely overwhelming. So the issue is in the combination it seems.
What solution can you offer? it is the latest Update of Cubasis 3.2.1.
So far I tried:
- playing with different latency values (like many write in the forum) but I dont understand difference and usage of the two values: device latency and audio engine latency. Right now I use: device: 10,7ms and audio engine 42.7ms.
- watching if the audio units demand to much of the processor. cpu usage never went above 10%, whereas DSP acts crazy sometimes and many times around 20-40%
- only using one audio unit track. The latter helped for a short period of time. Then cracking started again.
- Freezing tracks by converting them in audio. Yeah this also results in a audio file with cracks
- Checking processor usage when using one of the audio units stand alone. Even the complex supersaws with lots of spread and width in sunrizer only increased processor usage by +15% measured with a seperate app.
Please help - it is very sad not being able to use the audio units within cubasis. Right now I would have to record samples externally and then upload them into cubasis. That cant be the way?
Looking forward to reading from you.