Cubasis Crashing Changing Instrument, Sound on One Side, Built-in Audio

Started a project tonight, just got it, and after adding a 4th midi instrument it started crashing when I would try changing it to another vst. It then partially muted the left side, and after messing with the settings I hit the audio out options and could only get phone audio,the headphone option was silent.

Hi @jasonthechef,

Please give the following steps a try:

(1) Set “Audio Engine Latency” to “OFF”
(2) Load the “New Project” project template
(3) Close all running apps, including Cubasis
(4) Fully shut down the device

Please let me know if Cubasis runs as expected again, once relaunching the device and app.

Thanks
& stay well,
Lars

Set audio engine to off , loaded a new project but it crashes, closed apps and shut off. Keeps crashing when I try to load a different instrument, or even when I load a new inst, or even a project. My headphones were caked with ear wax on left so the sound isn’t an issue. So I’m stuck on this same project which I don’t want to lose.

Hi @jasonthechef,

Does Cubasis crashes after relaunching the iPad and starting Cubasis with an empty project?
In this case, something might be wrong with your iPad device.

Please let us have more details.

Best,
Lars

I’m using a galaxy a42 and it’s literally a month old. So it’s on Android but I have zero issues with any other apps.

Hi @jasonthechef,

Please have a look at our dedicated Cubasis for Android performance article:

Please let me know if this helps to resolve your current issues.

Thanks
Lars

Is it possible to open. Cubasis with an empty project? No matter what I do, it crashes but doesn’t when I change to different preset in the same instrument, even opening a new project causes that, same with deleting.

Hi @jasonthechef,

Thanks for your message.

Normally, Cubasis launches with the last opened project. If you load an empty before closing the app, it should load with that same empty project.

Alongside, you’re able to create your own project templates (see below).

What device do you use, and does the app always crashed when being launched?

Best,
Lars

How to Create a Track Template in Cubasis 3

1 – Create a new proect and make all your desired settings
2 – Go to Media/Projects and move the project to the “Templates” folder

Now, whenever you make a double tap on the file, a new project is getting created from the template.