Cubasis LE 2.4.1 supplemental update available

Dear all,

We are very pleased to announce the availability of Cubasis LE 2.4.1

What’s New in Cubasis LE 2.4.1*
CB-4093 Track freeze and mixdown of resource-intensive AU instruments now works as expected.
CB-4370 (iOS 9.3.5) Drawing MIDI notes or using note repeat no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.
CB-4329 It is now possible to record the MIDI output from AU instruments, that support this feature.
CB-4307 AU MIDI plug-ins no longer appear in AU instrument list.
CB-4349 AU instruments no longer appear in AU MIDI plug-in list.
CB-4363 AU MIDI processor plug-ins are now correctly listed as MIDI effects.
CB-4364 Cubasis no longer renders unreliable if a broken AU plug-in is loaded.

* some features require the Cubasis LE full feature set in-app purchase

Download Cubasis LE 2.4.1 for the iPad

If you’re satisfied with Cubasis please do us a big favour by rating the app in the App Store!

While it takes only a short moment of your time, it is of very great help for us!

Thanks,
Lars

Woohoo! No more shutting down trying to edit notes! Thanks guys :+1:

I downloaded the update. Now it is hanging on project loading as it loads the AuV3 plugins. Problems with Adverb2, NeoSoulKeyStudio, Kosmonaut and FAC Chorus. Can’t use it at the moment.
ios10 (latest ios10 version)
ipad12.9 pro 1st gen

Hi pegleg85,

You’re able to force Cubasis to load an empty project on launch.

Reset
Located in the iOS Settings app under the Cubasis tab. If a corrupted project file prevents Cubasis from loading properly when launched, use the reset toggle which will force Cubasis to load an empty project on launch.

Best,
Lars

Thank you for the response. I have been able to open Cubasis (by the way LOOKS GREAT on my 12.9ipad!!!)

Anyway, I’ve been able to open all of those plug-ins and I’ve been able to open other projects but when I load the project I was working on most recently (yesterday), it hangs upon the loading of plug-ins still.

Any advice?

I uninstalled FAC Chorus which was the first one to hang it up, then re-loaded and then it got hung up on Kosmonaut, then deleted that and re-loaded and then it got hung up on Adverb2.

Thanks,
David

Yeah I still cant access the project which had been the project I had been working on when I unfortunately loaded the upgrade.

Hi David,

Please upload the project and provide me with the download link.
This might help our engineering, to look what causes the problem (which likely might be related to some of the 3rd party plug-ins used).

Best,
Lars

Anything else you need?

For some reason the message to younstuck in the outbox?

Hi pegleg85,

Thanks for providing us with the project download link via private message.
Please allow us some time to check the project file.

Best,
Lars

Hi pegleg85,

Thanks again for providing us with your project.

Our engineering looked into your project, which uses 28 Audio Unit plug-ins in total.

Please note that loading an AU plug-in is somewhat similar to loading a separate app, in terms of CPU usage.
As a result, assigning 28 Audio Unit plug-ins clearly leads to more than a heavy system load on the iPad.

Our engineering created a modified version of your project (by leaving out some of the Audio Units), which should enable you to reload the file with Cubasis. I’ve forwarded the modified project version via private message.

Best,
Lars

Lars,
Thank you so much, however that project worked just fine immediately before the update?! My iPad Pro12.9 had more than enough power and memory to deal with it. I will reload the project, maybe there was just a glitch in the autosave?

Hi pegleg85,

Unfortunately we’re not able to evaluate the problem that could have caused the issue here.
Nevertheless, using 28 Audio Units in a single project, might be a possible factor.

Best,
Lars

I downloaded the update. Now it is hanging on project loading as it loads the AuV3 plugins. Problems with Adverb2, NeoSoulKeyStudio, Kosmonaut and FAC Chorus. Can’t use it at the moment.
but there is an issue that are not working plz help this to clear.

Hi hafizali0012,

Thank you for your message.

Cubasis LE doesn’t support Audio Units, and the current app version number is 2.8.2.

Please state what app and version number you have in use (if LE, do you have the full feature IAP in use?).
In addition, please upload the project via DropBox or WeTransfer and let me have the download link via private message.

Thanks,
Lars

Had downloaded the update. Now it is again hanging on project loading as it loads the AuV3 plugins. Problems with Adverb2, NeoSoulKeyStudio, Kosmonaut, and FAC Chorus.
Still Not Working now Any help?

Hi @hafizali0012,

Thanks for your message.

Gave Cubasis 2 a short check with Kosmonaut and FAC Chorus on the iPad Pro 12.9" 1st Gen with iOS 14.6, where the plug-ins load and work fine. Could it be possible, that your project in use maxes out the capacities of your iPad in use?

You may give it a check to load an empty project, before trying again via these steps:

• Close the Cubasis app
  • Go to the iPad settings
  • Scroll down to the Cubasis app icon and select it
  • Enable "Load empty project on next app launch

Does this help to resolve the problem?

Best,
Lars

Had followed these steps and Yes, I forget to Share that It was resolved, Thanks for helping and the great time you have given to my query.
Thanks again.

1 Like

Hi @hafizali0012,

Thanks for the update, glad to read that the issue has been solved.

Best,
Lars