Cubasis LE 3 in-app upgrade / confusion

I’ve just purchased the in app upgrade for LE to full Cubasis, I do see features now unlocked but the app still reports as being LE and the full Cubasis on the App Store still wants me to pay for it.

So I’m not sure if I actually have the full app but it’s just calling itself LE (which would be confusing) or if I still need to unlock/download something.

Hi @triff,

Thank you for your message and a warm welcome to the Cubasis forum!

The Full Feature Set in-app purchase updates Cubasis LE 3 with all features of Cubasis 3. Due to technical reasons the app name and icon remains unchanged.

However the Cubasis logo will be displayed on the screen when launching the app. Alongside, you will now have access to all the extra Cubasis features and no longer experience any limitation pop-ups.

To dive into Cubasis more quickly, you might want to check out our available Getting started with Cubasis clip, where Dom Sigalas guides you through the app and its features, while producing a full blown track.

Hope that helps to answer your question!

Best wishes,
Lars

1 Like

Awesome, I did wonder if it might be some App Store restriction like that. Thanks for clarifying!

1 Like

Hi
I basically have the same question, but with two additional points. First, if I unlock LE with the IAP, do I still need to attach hardware to allow me to fully use the app? I just want to be able to use it with my other music apps on my device, not with any external hardware.
And second, if the answer to the above is no (that LE becomes exactly like the full version, and I don’t need to connect hardware), then why is the unlock price only $15 compared to the full price of $25 for Cubasis 3? Is that $15 price a current sale price?

Hi @Delerium,

Thank you for your message.

Cubasis LE comes bundled with a wide range of supported hardware, which can be used to unlock the app from demo mode.

Once unclocked you can choose to buy additional in-app purchases such as the “Full Feature Set IAP”, which updates the LE version with the same features of Cubasis at a reduced price. The app name and icon remains unchanged Cubasis LE, though. It is not required to use the app with the bundled hardware afterwards.

At this moment Cubasis and all available IAPs are on sale during the Cyber Weeks sale promo, lasting until Dec 13, 2021.

Best,
Lars

Hello Lars,
Thanks for the clarification. I had the same question

Another confusing question for you:
If I need to reset my device and later want to reinstall the app, which one should I get?
Cubasis 3 or Cubasis LE?
If LE is the case will it automatically include the full feature set? How does that work?

Hi @BrunoMaia,

Thanks for your message.

The regular Cubasis LE version runs in a 30 minute demo mode, unless being unlocked via a supported/bundled device.

The Cubasis LE Full Feature Set IAP (which is available for purchase after Cubasis LE has been unlocked) can be restored via the “Restore purchases” feature in the Cubasis LE in-app shop (LE unlock not required).

Hope that helps to make up your mind, what app to get…

Best,
Lars