Cubasis midi import from Cubase 10.0.15

Hi!
After exporting Midifiles from a project in Cubase 10 and then opening the exported file with the import function in Cubasis some tracks get mixed together in 2 of the tracks in Cubasis. In the Cubase project i have 7 midi tracks that when opened in cubasis are 5 tracks. 2 track have been mixed in 2 of the 5 tracks.

It’s probably me doing something wrong. I have tried different export options in Cubase in the Export Option dialog but it doesn’t make any difference.

Could need some help here…

Hi eagleman62,

Can you upload the project to dropbox and send me a private forum message with the download link.

thank you
Jan

Thanks, message sent.

Hi, Eagleman62,

Thank you for your files and information!

I can confirm that.

Your exported Cubase midi file mixes all midi tracks after the cubasis import to one midi track,
which are assigned to the same midi channel in Cubase.

This is a created Cubase Mid file that is imported into Cubasis and not vice versa.

Workaround :
If you assign a different midi channel to each individual midi track in Cubase,
all tracks will be imported into Cubasis as separate individual midi track.

We are currently researching and will inform you as soon as we need a Bugfix.

best
jan

Thank you! I will try your suggestion with different midi channels for each track. Looks like this is a Cubase issue and not a Cubasis one.
Hopeful there will be an update. Should i post this in the Cubase forum?

//Christian

Hi eaglemann62,

Thank you for your Bug finding.

I will try your suggestion with different midi channels for each track.
Yes as workaround and disable “Export as typ 0” flag in Cubase.

Please realize the Cubase import-export midi options > Preferences/Midi/Midi File if you work with it in both directions.

• “Export as Type 0” merged all midi tracks into one midi track
  • Import " Auto Dissolve Format 0" distributed from one midi track.mid into several midi tracks of type 0 mid in cubase.

\

Looks like this is a Cubase issue and not a Cubasis one.
Hopeful there will be an update. Should i post this in the Cubase forum?

No, it’s an Cubasis issue an it’s on our list as CB- 4630

best greetings
jan