Cubasis Project Importer 2.3 Pre-release available

Dear all,

The Cubasis Project Importer 2.3 pre-release version is available for download at: Cubasis Project Importer | Steinberg
The 2.3 update grants compatibility with Waves Plug-Ins IAP and will load available Waves desktop plug-ins when importing Cubasis 2.3 or later projects.

Best wishes,
Lars

Hello,

I am trying to move my projects from Cubasis, to Elements 9.

I export my Cubasis project via zip file to my computer. I then use Cubasis Project Importer in Elements 9 to import the project (.cbt). However, when I open the imported project in Cubase, it is a mess. The Midi files have all changed sound, some tracks do not work, some Audio is modified. Could someone kindly suggest what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks
Richard

I’m using Windows 7, will the 2.3 importer work? I’m trying to import projects to Cubase Pro 9.5.

Thanks!

Hi pnmelancon,

Thanks for your message.

Please find the officially supported Cubase and operating system versions for the Cubasis Project Importer right here:

While other OS versions are officially unsupported and untested, there is a good chance that it will work.
Therefore I encourage you to give it a try yourself, and let us know about your results.

Thanks,
Lars

For me the Project importer 2.3 to Cubase 9.5 has been working on OS X without problems. The Waves plugin settings have also transferred over perfectly.

@LSlowak, one observation about imported projects in Cubase: in a future update would it be possible to have the importer not instantiate the default Cubase EQ plugin for every single track? This happens regardless of if I have the eq enabled in Cubasis or not.

Does the CubasisImporter also work in Nuendo or do I need to have Cubase to import Cubasis projects?

Hi ChrisPolus,

Thanks for your message.

The Cubasis Project Importer officially supports the following Cubase versions:

While NUENDO is not officially supported/tested, there is a good chance the importer will work same way here.

Best,
Lars

Will it run on Windows-7?