Cue tuplet position not correct in part printout

I’ve created a cue derived from a passage that contains a tuplet. In the tuplet properties I’ve set it’s placement to be above. This is also shown correctly in the cue (galley view).
However, in the part printout, the cue tuplet bracket is always shown below the stave irrespective of its placement properties in write mode. Is this a deficiency in the current implementation?

Regards,

Did you make sure you propagated this property change to all layouts?

No I didn’t do that. Oops. I’ll give that a shot. Thanks.

Hi, I have a similar issue but I think I want the opposite result. I propagated the layout but for this specific cue, I want the stems to face down – the way they are in the picture below – and would like the tuplets to adjust accordingly. I can definitely force it to switch but I think the figure looks better as a cue this way and as far as I can see, there is no way to change the location of the tuplets as a cue…

How have you forced the direction of those notes in the cue? Are you using the Voice direction property for the cue, or are you doing something else?

The original score was a Sibelius xml transfer. Stem Direction and Tuplet Placements were both selected when I imported the file. That was ages ago now. Do you think that might be the issue?

Yes I am using the voice direction property, which is changing the stem direction but the tuplets are remaining obstinate.

Unless you have a specific reason, it usually best to uncheck all MusicXML import options. This allows Dorico to use its normal rules to lay out the score. So, yes, this could well be the issue!

I unchecked a few things in XML preferences but it still didn’t change the result. I’ve linked the file if anyone wants to take a crack at it. Guitar part pages 3 and 6 have cues that would look better flipped.

If you look at the origin of the cue (the piano part) you will see the placement of the tuplet bracket is forced. This is carried over into the cue, causing your problem.

Uncheck these in the piano part and the cue will adjust itself.

3 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like