Cursor jumps randomly to bar 1298

very bizarre i know. i’m playing a project, any project, i’m not even touching the mouse, and suddenly the cursor jumps forward to bar 1298.3.1.0

this happens on v simple projects, or fully loaded ones. and there’s no consistency as to when it happens.

any ideas?

my setup:

Cubase 8 pro 8.0.10 build 247
Yosemite 10.10.3
Mac Pro Early 2009
2 x 3.46 6 core xeon
96 GB memory

Sorry for the trouble. Do you have the “Sync” function turned on in the Transport bar? Are you synchronizing to any external device?

Before Cubase Pro 8, did you have any other versions of Cubase on this system?

Hi - Sync is not enabled. The only external device is my Onyx 1220 firewire interface. I have had all versions of Cubase. Currently on this machine i have 5,6 and 7 installed for legacy projects.

I would suggest clearing your previous Preferences to give Cubase Pro 8 a fresh start:

First, please shut down Cubase. In the Finder menu bar click on “Go” while pressing the [option] key and select Library from the drop down menu. Then go to Preferences. Trash all of the Cubase or Nuendo folders that you see inside of the Preferences folder. This will trash your key commands, preferences, sound card settings, etc. Hopefully this will clear up the problem you are having. Restart Cubase. You will need to reset your audio outputs (Devices, Device Setup, VST Audio System).