Curve EQ to fix Headphone FRQ Response

Just want to share for folks who might encounter with similar issues.
i just got my AKG K612 Pro Headphones from thomann store for my home studio, waited 45 days cuz it was held in customs in my country(also had focal Alpha 65 with it), and what a disappointment, i tested it in a pro studio i work at 'and it sounded so harsh and also lack of low end.
i was looking at sonar works and other solutions to try, and then i remembered we have the Curve EQ in cubase and in conjunction with the control room it made a lot more natural sound.
just researched the K612 pro FRQ response graph online and draw the curves on curve eq as close as i could, and inverted the curve.
it made me smile again.
i thought i could not mix on it and it was a waste.!
( well still think why would company like AKG have those unnatural curves on pro headphones !!)
anyway maybe its not perfect balanced but its much better now for both mixing and listening
maybe ill find also other solution to have some hardware eq for the phones, but ill keep with these meanwhile until i start build my home studio in my new location.

1 Like

Well, you did a DIY Sonarworks Reference 4 work there. Congratulations and thanks for sharing. By the way, I didn’t know Voxengo CurveEQ. Now I do.

1 Like