Custom Icons - User folder?

Hi. Has anyone figured out where to place custom icons so the´ll turn up in the User folder? I know how to load them according to manual, but that is a tedious affair. I have seen screenshots of custom icons in the User folder of the Track Picture Browser. How do I get my pictures to appear there?

Not at my DAW so this may be a bit off. But if you are in the track picture browser (or whatever it’s called) and select the user tab you can import pics there. To make them available with other projects save the project as a template and use that to create new projects.

App Data folder

Not at my DAW so this may be a bit off. But if you are in the track picture browser (or whatever it’s called) and select the user tab you can import pics there. To make them available with other projects save the project as a template and use that to create new projects

I can get my pictures to load into the track by using the Track Picture Browser, but I’m not able to make them “stick” in the user folder. They will stay put in the picture area above the mixer handles but not anything in the user folder. Are yours in the user folder of the Track Picture Browser?

Mine show up in the user folder, no problem.

AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound\User Content\Track Pictures

AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound\User Content\Track Pictures

You have no signature so I can´t tell if your on a PC or Mac. I assume a PC. On my Mac I do not have that folder string. I have inside the Cubase 7 folder found a folder called Track Pictures, but adding pictures there won´t make any difference. They still won´t show.

Anybody on a Mac that is successful with this? I mean having the pictures to show under the tab “User” (the one besides the “Factory” tab) in the Track Pictures Browser.

On a PC here, so can’t comment about Mac. But I never even deal with the images via the Windows file system. I just import them into the picture browser and then they are available from there. I thought these were saved as part of the template, but as it turns out C7 “remembers” them all. I opened a project created in C6 (so it wasn’t created using my new C7 template) and all the images were available in the User section of the Picture Browser.

I do have a sig unfortunately It doesn’t display. Have to try and fix that. :nerd:

Yes, I’m on a PC.

Well I finally solved it.

On a MAC:
The folder with the pictures you want to import or the picture must NOT be created by you, dragged or copied to any of the Steinberg folders. Cubase needs to CREATE by itself the folder for the Custom Track Pictures. The IMPORT function in the Track Picture Browser will work if the folder with the pictures is placed on, say, the desktop, or anywhere else but not inside any Steinberg/Cubase folder. The imported picture will then be stored under the USER tab besides the FACTORY tab. Cubase has NOW created a folder under:
User(name)/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/VST Sound/User Content

NOW you can drag other pictures inside the User Content folder. (Or keep on importing through the Track Browser).

Puh…three days …

And BTW updating or creating a signature on Steinberg forum does not work. That is why so many of us has no or incorrect signature.