Custom Playback Template Issue with Sforzando

Hello all,

I’m fairly new to Dorico and would like a player that I have (comprising of a single percussion kit), and it’s playback configuration, to be able to be exported and used in any project that I desire, without having to manually set up each sound mapping individually. My player uses two VST instruments for the sounds: an instance of HALion Sonic SE and an instance of Sforzando.

I exported the percussion kit and custom percussion map, and following the help guide, saved the endpoint configuration of each VST instrument and created a custom playback template using each of these.

The issue that I’m having is that the playback template only applies the HALion Sonic VST instrument, not the Sforzando VST instrument. I’m not sure if this is a Dorico or Sforzando issue, but I can’t figure out how to resolve this after looking through either product’s forums and the help guide, so I thought that someone here may be able to help. How do I get my custom playback template to work with Sforzando?

I am using Dorico 3.0.10.1051, VSTAudioEngine 3.0.10.13, and Sforzando 1958, on a MacBook Pro running MacOS Catalina 10.15.1.

Thank you!

Well after a break and a few more hours troubleshooting, it looks like the issue was on my end, my VST instruments had gotten switched, though I do not remember doing this (though only the sounds were mixed up, not the configuration and settings, very weird, maybe a bug?). My apologies if anyone was looking into this.

I will leave this up for anyone’s reference.