Customer Support? Is that too much to ask?

I’ve been a Cubase user since the mid 80s.
There was a time when you could just call them up and talk to a human being.
Now you can’t get them to process your online requests?

On May 14th I bought an upgrade from 8.0 to 8.5. I paid with PayPal.
The folks who process payment for Steinberg are apparently asknet.

After payment I was forwarded to the software download page of the Steinberg website where I downloaded version 8.5.

That’s the last time I heard from Steinberg. It was now 4 days ago.

I haven’t gotten a confirmation email of my purchase.
I haven’t gotten my license activation code.

So I created a support ticket via mySteinberg.
I received no email that my ticket was received or processed.
I have no idea what my ticket number is so I can’t follow up with anybody.

24 hours later I created another follow-up ticket.
This time the confirmation screen informed me that Support was very busy and I should not expect them to get back to me for a while and, icing on the cake, that I shouldn’t bother creating another ticket because, you know… that’s like… more work for them!?

What is this? The third world? I thought I was dealing with a German corporation backed by a major Japanese corporation.

STEINBERG: GET IT TOGETHER! WHEN YOU TELL PEOPLE TO STOP ASKING YOU QUESTIONS BECAUSE YOU HAVE TOO MUCH WORK YOU ARE SPITTING AT THE FACE OF YOUR OWN CUSTOMERS!

SUPPORT YOUR CUSTOMERS PROMPTLY! PUT ENOUGH RESOURCES TO DO SO!

You really aren’t going to get this resolved by Steinberg. ASKNET are not the people who process payments for Steinberg. Rather ASKNET is an online store that sells Cubase upgrades. Steinberg doesn’t send you email confirmations or activation codes, ASKNET does that. So if you want this resolved you need to contact ASKNET’s customer support.

Thanks for the advice. I contacted them by phone earlier today and have not heard back. I sent them an email too. This is absolutely infuriating.

Sorry to hear of your frustrations. I just purchased a YAMAHA THR 10X and am NEW to studio software. I didnt buy it for the purpose of recording anything but now I am considering just simply exploring the other side of being a music enthusiast. So I go to claim the software bundled with my new toy. CUBASE 8 AI.

And what do you know I need to create a MYSTEIN account. I do so. Such a simple thing now in the times we’re living so you would think well. 2 days later no email activation received as stated. I go searching their SUPPORT section and nothing is remotely grtabbing me that I can contact someone who is going to help resolve this issue.

There is NOTHING simple about claiming my PURCHASED software which is apart of the YAMAHA item. I have just wasted time and I do not even know which step to take from here. IF I cannot even contact these people as you could not I may just throw their joke of a system out the window and go and buy something else. Not that I should have to but no they have not won my vote.

I hope you DO NOT have this issue again friend. Cheers mate