Today, to my rejoice, I discovered that NotePerformer supports bowed percussion! And I was decided to give it a go, by adding a custom playback playing technique to the Expression Map. But it seems either it is impossible or I’m doing something wrong, because the playing technique doesn’t appear in the PT lane in Play Mode.
What I did:
- In a new project, add a Vibraphone
- Create a new playing technique named bowed (or modify the built-in arco)
- Assign the Bowed Playback PT to that technique, and remove the Alias attribute (which is “Natural” by default)
- Add a note and the PT in Write mode.
- Go to the Expression Maps -> NotePerformer
- Add Bowed as a Base technique, perform the settings as per the image below.
Still, the lane shows “Natural”.
I’ve had some problems with this in the past with some custom PT, and it’s a bit cumbersome to me. There must be something I’m doing wrong.
I’m aware that Bowed and Natural are in the same mutual exclusion group, but I assume that’s also the logical thing, isn’t it? Even so, if I create a new playback playing technique, say, Bowed2, this also happens.
I attach a sample project as well as some images.
Noteperformer with bowed vibraphone.dorico.zip (554 KB)