Cycled Audio Recording - Mix-Stacked (No Mute) mode

I want there to be a cycled audio recording mode so that all takes can be heard while recording new ones. This is what I want to be able to do:

1. Set Cubase to Cycle record.
  2. Hit record.
  3. Sing a take.
  4. At the end of the take, Cubase loops back to the beginning. The next take is recorded on a new track, so I can hear the previous recordings and sing on top of them without having to interact with my computer between takes.

There’s no way to do this already that I’m just not aware of, right?

This would make recording vocal harmonies or other layered parts so much better, and with fewer interruptions that interfere with the creative process.

What I’m envisioning could involve a group track, so you could put, say, a reverb effect on that one track, and then you just record a bunch of harmony tracks that are automatically contained within that group.

That’s the default (and currently only available) behaviour when cycle recording in Cubasis.
Set your loop and turn on monitor on the track being recorded. You will hear previous takes as they stack up. You can do the basic melody on first pass then sing harmony on second and even do a further harmony.
Then separate the takes to different tracks which you create to listen to the result.

Hi!

Cannot reproduce this “default” behaviour :slightly_frowning_face:

What is the way to set it up, please?

regards