Dark mode on Mac no good in Nuendo

When I try to use the “Dark” appearance mode on my Mac (OS 13.2.1 Ventura) a lot of the menu items get lost and unable to be seen. Basically rendering this mode unusable in Nuendo or Cubase. Is anybody using that Mose successfully? Do I need to change something for it to work?

Thanks!

Same here on Moneterey 12.63.

1 Like

Monterey here, i have no GUI (new) problems in N12 Dark Mode. Do you have screenshots?

Hi Ted,

I’ll switch to light mode and “see” better. I was beginning to wonder if my prescription was off, or something else was going on. :wink:

1 Like

Haha! Yes, in Light mode you can see all the menu options. In Dark mode lots of the entries are missing. In other menu lists the same thing happens. This has been like this for a while now, I’m surprised nobody has posted about it before.

Maybe I’m already blind but I don’t miss anything… screenshot please :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm, it seems to be fine now. Ugh, I haven’t checked in a while but I’ll keep looking. Maybe something. got fixed?

Hi Ted,
I switched between the light and dark mode… I can still somewhat see the greyed out menu options, but yes, in dark mode they are much harder to see.

Not a Nuendo issues though, it’s an OSX issue. Cheers!

Well, it seems that sometime between my last attempt at using Dark mode and now something has changed, because it’s totally fine with Nuendo now. It could be my new laptop, Mac OS Ventura, Nuendo 12, the video card on my new M1 laptop, the Chinese balloon, etc - all the things that have changed since then. But all is great and I can see everything. If I come across anything I can’t see I will update my post.

1 Like