This song always stops 1 measure early.
What am I do wrong?
Tech-troubled guy.
7 Ecossaise, Op.33, No.2-18.dorico (626.5 KB)
This song always stops 1 measure early.
What am I do wrong?
Tech-troubled guy.
7 Ecossaise, Op.33, No.2-18.dorico (626.5 KB)
Need to make two changes.
For example (and I sped up your tempo to isolate the problem more quickly):
7 Ecossaise, Op.33, No.2-18_changed.dorico (626.9 KB)
Thank you.
Sorry about the painfulllllly slow tempo. It’s a training piece.
That’s what I figured, but I sped it to reach they crucial parts of the repeat structure more quickly.
Happy if you consider it solved.
Derrick. The second flow of my piece does not stop at the Fine mark. I have trouble attaching it to the bar line where I want it to stop. Can you help me fix this?
Piano Trio #7 1.5.dorico (2.4 MB)
Welcome to the forum, @Charles_Crane!
Your piece has three flows, but the second one is empty – so I assume you mean the third flow.
You have entered your D.C. and Fine as staff-attached text, not as repeat markers, so they don’t have any playback effect. Here’s how you can fix things.
DC al fine and hit EnterFine and EnterAaron
Thanks for that tip. I realized that the “dc al fine” and the “fine” were not attached to the staff, but I couldn’t figure out how to do that. I did see how to take the repeats out of the da capo section, so it plays as intended. The other matter that you raised is that the second flow is empty, and what I intended to be the movement 2. is the third flow. And the third movement, which I have started since, has become the fourth flow. Of course, this error is unintended. I just can’t figure out how to move the music I have written into the second flow. By clicking on the second flow in the Setup Mode, I have been looking for a way to designate the music that belongs in it, but I haven’t found it. Perhaps you could assist here too. By the way, I am impressed that Steinberg has a way to respond to questions and problems that come up. Perhaps I need to study the user manual more closely, but I prefer the experience of learning the program by using it, and for most things that method works fine. So thanks for your help.
I think you misunderstand.
For Dorico to understand different “texts on the page”, you need to enter them as different types of object.
For example, a speed (Allegro) would be entered as a tempo object. A gradual dynamic (crescendo) would be entered as a dynamic object. A repeat (DC al Fine) needs to be entered as a repeat object.
If these are entered as simple text, Dorico can do nothing with them.
In Setup mode, select the second flow in the bottom panel, and then click the trash can icon to delete it. The third and fourth flows will then be the second and third flows.
Most of the people here (including me) are just regular users. You can identify the Steinberg employees by the little red Steinberg triangle in their avatars.