"DCOM connection to program Synsopos.exe failed. Error: The RPC server is unavailable"

I have a problem with Cubase AI 9.5 and eLicenser (Soft eLicenser).
After I bought the UR44 I registered on the Steinberg site, download Cubase AI 9.5 and made registration of software.

The problem came up when I tried to run Cubase. I can’t run it and I got a message:

“DCOM connection to program Synsopos.exe failed.
Error: The RPC server is unavailable”

I need help to fix this error

This error is usually caused by Windows updates. Make sure that you have the latest version of the eLicenser Control Center installed:

It might help to restart your computer afterwards. Run the eLicenser Control Center as administrator (right click) then make it run Maintenance Tasks.

I do this many times
And the error still

That’s unfortunate.
Try going to C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase , and run Cubase as administrator. Any difference?

If that doesn’t work, try this fix that someone posted a while ago. I don’t know if it still works in modern versions of Windows, but it’s worth a try:

1.Open the Control Panel
2.Select [System]
3.Select [Advanced Settings]
4.Under [Performance] select [Settings]
5.If DEP is available on your system, a DEP tab will be present in the Performance Setting dialog. Select this tab if it’s present (if it’s not present, then your system doesn’t have DEP).
6. Select [Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select]:
7. Add SYNSOPOS.EXE from the folder [C:\Program Files (x86)\eLicenser\POS] or wherever you have this file.

If neither of these work, I would recommend contacting support directly through your MySteinberg. Click the “Register eLicenser / software & Enter Download Access Code” button first.

i buy steinberg UR44 interface Hardware and its have a free Cubase LE AI Elements 9.5
with activation code.

• i download the program form steinberg website , and install and activate it
    but when i try to open the program , its not work and show this message
    ( “DCOM connection to program Synsopos.exe failed. Error: The RPC server is unavailable”).

• then i uninstall the the eLicenser Control Center and restart the computer.

• download the latest version of the eLicenser Control Center from http://elicenser.net/
    and install it , but the problem still and the message show again.

• i try this …
    1.Open the Control Panel
    2.Select [System]
    3.Select [Advanced Settings]
    4.Under [Performance] select [Settings]
    5.If DEP is available on your system, a DEP tab will be present in the Performance Setting dialog. Select this tab if it’s present (if it’s not present, then your system doesn’t have DEP).

1. Select [Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select]:
  2. Add SYNSOPOS.EXE from the folder [C:\Program Files (x86)\eLicenser\POS] or wherever you have this file.

but is not work , i have a message ( this program must run whith data execution (DEP) enabled. you cannot turn off DEP for this program. )

what can i do more than that to fix problem and open Cubase LE AI Elements 9.5

Sorry, but I think you’ll have to contact the official Steinberg support through your MySteinberg. There’s something in your computer stopping Cubase from being able to communicate with the eLicenser software. The support team should be able to help you figure out what’s the source of the issue.

Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing. Getting Steinberg’s software to work is normally pretty painless

Thank you so much

Same problem with c9.5.
c7.5 32 works like a charm !