DDP Image issue

What I found out …
On 3 machines the Error occured (with imported WL7 prefs) - on a 4th with a fresh install it did not.
So I trashed the WL8 prefs and reimportet from WL7 on the next startup - now it’s working.

Have to check on the other machines though …

The other Bug didn’t happen …

Ok, this issue happens in both 32 and 64-bit, I’m staying with 64-bit for now though.

I tried your idea to “disable the render temporary file” but this didn’t work, same result. Then I tried to burn a CD and that also had the same problem, even when I say not to render file, it skips to track 10 (final track in montage) and tries to burn for one moment then has an error.

I wonder if I should re-install without copying WL7 preferences?

Ok, so a bit of success when I deleted all WL8 preferences and then told WL8 not to import WL7 settings.

Normally with new iPhone, computer etc. I try to start from scratch as to not import any bugs rather than restore from a backup that might have bugs, but for WL8 I had so many shortcuts and other things tweaked over the years so nicely that it would be hard to start over so I decided to import my WL7 settings.

I wonder if there is any chance of finding a way to import my settings but not cause the DDP/CD burn error. One idea I have is to go back to WL7 and turn off the “render temp file” choice before I re-transfer WL7 prefs to WL8 and see if that bypasses the problem. Otherwise, I may just do a fresh install of WL8 and spend some hours redoing all my shortcuts and prefs.

Sorry for all the posts but my trick (thanks to PG and others ideas and input) seems to have worked. I deleted all WL8 preferences, then went back to WL7 and burned a CD with “render temp file” DISABLED just to lock in that setting. Then I reopened WL8 and told it to import WL7 settings. First test making a DDP seems OK.

I’ll keep testing to make sure all is good.

With the “guilty” settings, I will try to find a solution.
Quite possibily erasing the setting file called “General.dat” should be enough, without touching the key shortcuts, the midi controls, or the various presets.

Same problem here. I just installed the upgrade from WL7 to WL8 today and am unable to create a DDP on WL8 without it erroring out and sometimes even crashing all together.

Any word on a fix? Looks like I have ot stay with WL7 until this is sorted out.

Thanks for any help PG. Otherwise, amazing update!

Erase this file: Steinberg/WaveLab 8/Preferences/General.dat

that should be enough.

Thanks PG - where is this file located exactly…?

You’re on Mac?
/Users/YourName/Library/Preferences/WaveLab 8/Preferences/General.dat

Backup the file before deleting it. If that solves the problem, please send me this file.

Many thanks PG!

Actually I just upgraded to WL8 tonight and I experience the very same problems.
Now I am not quite sure if I understand the workaround correctly.
Maybe the upcoming update will take care of that as well.

or, post the workaround again in a 1. … 2… 3…
fashion for the unexperienced people like me.

Thanks a lot

Georges

This is not only a DDP related problem but with WL8 I cannot burn a master CD either.
Same strange error.

Will delete that file u recommended.

Actually can I open an Audiomontage from WL8 in WL7?
Will try… must get my project out of the house.

Georges

The answer is NO and NO

I cannot open a Montage from WL8 in WL7 and deleting the general.dat file did not help either.

Please help. WL8 is completely useless and I have to redo the whole thing in WL7 now.
Maybe I can at least export a cue sheet of sorts.

BR

Georges

Then try to erase the whole folder:
/Users/YourName/Library/Preferences/WaveLab 8/
and when you restart WaveLab, don’t import past WaveLab 7 settings.

He who is smart… !! :sunglasses:

YES that did the trick.

Thanks / Merci beaucoup Phillipe!

:smiley: