dealing with individual track times in the montage

on WL 9.5 Pro…

i’m always using the montage and quite often clients are asking for fades at specific times in tracks… unfortunately, most of the time readouts in the montage deal with TOTAL MONTAGE TIME… if someone is asking for a fade at 4 minutes on track 2… well, it’s a bit of a pain because all the time readouts are showing me montage time so track 2 may be from like 5:00 - 9:30 and on the timeline or bottom time display i can’t read “4:00” within track 2… if you get what i’m saying.

up top with TIMECODE you can see the individual track time… however, this display does not automatically adjust and move with selections like the lower time displays do.

so, i’m left reading on the time ruler and trying to select the exact times by the cursor and such…

is there a more reliable way to read individual track times in the montage?.. that update in real time based on your selection and cursor?

thanks

I know what you mean but I think WaveLab has all the solutions already.

The timecode window will show you a variety of times including montage start, audio clip start, CD track start, and more. There are quite a few options to choose from and you can even assign shortcuts to more quickly change them.

You can also enable a setting so that the clip ruler time is shown right on the audio clip in the montage which is also very useful.

thanks…

yeah, the timecode options are numerous… but they still don’t update in real time as you drag clip ends or fades… like the little timer in the bottom of the edit window does

how do you enable to setting you mentioned about the clip ruler time? i’ve poked around preferences but couldn’t find it…

I guess I’m not sure what you mean about the Timecode updating in realtime because I haven’t had the need for it. It still lets me easily find the time of a certain time or CD track itself rather than just relative to the entire montage timeline.

In the “View” ribbon tab and in the Clip section, there is a setting called “Ruler” and when you check the bot, all the audio clips in the montage get a little ruler added to the top of the clip to help you out as well.

See my attached screen shot but I just realized it’s a bad example because this clip starts right at 0 to it perfectly matches the montage timeline.

Turn it on in your montage and you’ll see the power of it.

Justin is right, you have all options available for your need.

thanks, justin… the “view/ruler” will probably help

as for my explanation you were confused about… sorry… if i have time i’ll send you a video explaining… after i try out the view/ruler feature…

I guess I’m not sure what you mean about the Timecode updating in realtime because I haven’t had the need for it. It still lets me easily find the time of a certain time or CD track itself rather than just relative to the entire montage timeline.

In the “View” ribbon tab and in the Clip section, there is a setting called “Ruler” and when you check the bot, all the audio clips in the montage get a little ruler added to the top of the clip to help you out as well.

See my attached screen shot but I just realized it’s a bad example because this clip starts right at 0 to it perfectly matches the montage timeline.

Turn it on in your montage and you’ll see the power of it.
[/quote]