delete endpoint configuration?

Setting up playback templates combining endpoint configurations as yet leads to some confusing.
First there is the endpoint setup dialog for individual instruments in Play Mode where the number of MIDI channels change when you add instruments in Setup mode. So, VST Instruments in Play mode can combine instruments (as used be players in Setup mode). Some VST instruments only have one channel/instrument.
In the endpoint setup for a VST instrument you can ‘save endpoint configuration’ and give it a name. But you can also do that for several VST Instruments together while that’s what you are supposed to do with Playback Templates?
Finally I can find my way around I hope, but it’s quite hard to get to the bottom right now.

Anyway, first question is: how do you delete/edit/rename Manual Playback Templates (these are the same as Endpoint Configurations, I guess)?

1 Like

You can choose between saving a single endpoint configuration (which you do via the Endpoint Setup dialog) or for all of the instruments in the rack (which you do via the action bar at the bottom of the VST Instruments panel). Personally I tend to use the option in the Endpoint Setup dialog, because then I can have a more granular set of endpoint configurations that can be combined together into a playback template. It would still be useful to save all of the VST instruments in one go if you have e.g. several instances of Kontakt loaded up with all of the sounds that make up a whole ensemble.

You can’t delete endpoint configurations from within the user interface at the moment, but if you’re feeling brave you can delete them from disk.

On Mac, they’re in /Users/your-username/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico 3/EndpointConfigs

On Windows, they’re in %APPDATA%\Steinberg\Dorico 3\EndpointConfigs

It’s %APPDATA%\Roaming\Steinberg\Dorico 3\EndpointConfigs. You can delete them all right. You have to restart Dorico. Renaming the folder has no effect.
Thanks.

Hi Daniel,
If you have a bunch of individual end point configurations that you have created, maybe in different projects, how do you then load them into a new project in order to combine them or create a new template as you describe?

For as far as I can see you can only do that via the Play/Playback Template page where you can apply Templates, but create them also. That’s where you can ‘Add Manual’ (Endpoint Configurations) where all the created end point configurations appear (also those created in other projects).

Yes, that’s it. See pages 34-38 in the Dorico 3 Version History PDF for information on how to create your own playback templates using your saved endpoint configurations.

Endpoint Configurations are stored on disk rather than in the project, so as soon as you create one from one project it will be available in all others.

Why isn’t there a Load button next to the Save button at the bottom of the VST Instruments pane?

**Leigh

Because that’s not how the endpoint configurations work. They are used as building blocks to create a Playback Template

Okay, now I understand how it works. Thank you, Paul.

**Leigh

Endpoint Configurations are stored on disk rather than in the project, so as soon as you create one from one project it will be available in all others.
[/quote]

What about transfering configurations from a Mac to a PC? I can’t find the folder in the Mac on the location Daniel describes above…

The endpoint configurations you save go into your user-data folder, so on Mac that’s /Users/your-username/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico 3.

Years and years ago someone did set-up the folder-structure in my Mac, which was migrated then in new Macs. On my machine Library and User are on the same ‘level’. Until now I never (or hardly) had problems finding things. With some help I now learned that ‘under’ my user-name there’s a hidden Library (which might be common knowledge, but not for me until now). There I found the endpoint-configuration folder.
In my ‘normal’ route >Macintosh Hd > Library > Application Support > Steinberg > Dorico 3 there’s no EndpointConfigs folder…