Delete overlaps not fixed in 6.0.2

Delete overlaps still deletes preceeding or subsequent audio regions if they overlap the target part

Yup. They overlap the target part and they are deleted. Seems ok to me so far.
Now tell the programmers how they should work otherwise they’ll not have a clue what you’re on about.

I might have to make a video to show this in action. :open_mouth:

Reported as bug 28528 already ages ago

Start a new project
Enter Keep History mode if its not on by default
Create an audio track
Move a few bars up the project and press record and record an empty audio segment (audio 1) for 6 or 7 seconds.
Now go before the part you recorded and record another segment (audio 2). When this recording just overlaps into the next one Stop.

Now move back into the mid region of the first recorded part (Audio 1) (second segment on the screen) and briefly hit record for a second or so so that the left and right of this third part are still within the first. This creates a small piece of audio 3 on top of audio 1

Now select audio 1 and 3 together by drawing a select box around both.

Hit Delete Overlaps function (Menu->Audio->Advanced->Delete Ovelaps)

The second recorded segment (Audio 2) is now deleted and all that is kept is the end of the piece that slightly overlapped the start of audio 1

Great! you broke down the repro with text. Now here comes the video.

This function was broke for a long time… They finally got it sorted out I believe it was the 5.5.0 update and it worked as it should. Now this…

bump

wow, great to know this “feauture”, bad that it does not work :neutral_face: :mrgreen:

28528 is indeed not fixed in 6.0.2. It will be fixed in the future.

Gr,
JHP

Thank you