Delete Unused VST Instrument Folder

How the HECK do I delete an unused VST instrument folder (or ANY unused/unwanted folder) from a Cubase project? I had installed a VST instrument that I no longer wish to incorporate in my project and I CAN’T GET RID OF IT !!!

If you instanced the VST instrument on the rack, you can pull both the placeholder and any output channels out of the VST sub-folder and into the project page and then right-click and remove the empty (designated) folder structure from the project.

Didn’t work for me. Now what?

Couldn’t pull placeholder out of the vst sub-folder and into the project.

Please say which version of Cubase you are using.

I’m using Cubase 7.5 on a Macpro with OS 10.8.5

In the instrument rack, left click on the name of the instrument and select “no VST instrument”. It should be gone.
You can remove the VST folder from the track list window using the visibility tab in the inspector window.

1 Like

Thank you Phil. You’re a genius :slight_smile:

Wow, that is a horrible piece of UI. Took me nearly 10 minutes to figure this out even after your help. Thank you Philskeys.

For further clarity to those who come after, go to Devices > VST Instruments. Then in the list that appears, click on the name of the instrument and choose “No VST Instrument”.

1 Like

I had trouble with this as well - after importing a MIDI file and then deciding to delete what I just imported - I was left with a folder track called VST Instruments that I could not figure out how to delete.

Thanks for explaining how to navigate

I used the following successfully:

Devices → VST Instruments

And then (eventually) discovered how to bring up the “no VST instrument” option - as shown in the attached pictures.

Thanks,

David

1 Like

You. Saved. Me. From. Complete. Madness.
I was going insane looking for this solution. I can’t believe there’s no simple delete option. Blows my mind. Horrible.