Deleteing a Kontakt 6 Instance in Cubase 10

I’m sure there’s a way to delete unneeded Kontakt instances in Cubase but I can’t find it! I seem to recall going to click on the Rack icon (I use only Rack Instruments) and clicking on “No VST Instrument” but currently that does NOTHING. Delete Track doesn’t do it either.

This will not help you Shubus but I have the same problem.
Steinberg staff, is this a bug in the software?

I don’t have Kontakt 6 (only 5) so I can’t test this. Do you have this problem with any other VST instrument plugins?

Also when troubleshooting, always check if you can repro in Cubase Safe Start mode (google it if need be) to eliminate corrupt prefs as the culprit.

It’s not just Kontakt, it’s any VSTi … clicking the “Rack” drop-down only allows loading of VSTis, selecting “No VST Instrument” does nothing, and this somewhat inconsistent behaviour has been in Cubase for a while now. Instead, click on the name of the VSTi to the right of the freeze button – the same drop-down list appears, but now you can select “No VST Instrument” and the instance will unload.

Oh. So the problem is a list item that has no function- and probably shouldn’t (No VST where? Selected slot, all slots). I’l report it, but I imagine it’s a known thing.

… mmm … perhaps a list item that has no function in one context. Confusing, nevertheless, and, as loading and unloading VSTi’s is a core function, perhaps it could be more clearly implemented. I haven’t been able to find anything in the manual that would tell a new user how to remove a VSTi.

MrSoundman, I don’t know how you ever figured this out, but IT WORKS. VST instruments can indeed be deleted by this method. This does leave a “place holder” for the deleted instance in the rack instrument list, but it’s gone from the track list. This is easy to live with. I greatly appreciate your responding to my post. There seems to be no information about this problem anywhere.

The item has no meaning and no purpose and it should be removed.

In places where the item works it’s self-explanatory, thus ‘inuitive’, but seeing the same item where it doesn’t work simply confounds the user. Like a stoplight on a ski slope.