Deleting lanes, renaming lanes or events, duplicating external instruments

Hello,

I’m scratching my head regarding some minor issues which once solved might make my life a lot easier. So here’s the deal.

I’m using an external instrument which is a rompler type rack synthesizer. I’ve chosen a preset which has a different Hit type sound
mapped to each key of the keyboard. I’ve set up my external instrument - however I want to use different Hits throughout the arrangement
and I want to see them on separate tracks/lanes. I’ve chosen 5 of these hits and let’s say there are 5 different MIDI events which I want
to see on different lanes/tracks.

Here are the issues:

1. Upon expanding the lanes I always get I extra empty lane - there are 6 lanes - i’ve tried Remove Selected Track and nothing happens.
  2. Is there a way to make the main track - from which the lanes derive - less visible? Right now it becomes greyish - I’m looking for more than that.
  3. I want to be able to rename the lanes based on each of the Hits used from this multi-sampled preset but that doesn’t seem possible.
  4. Can’t I duplicate an External Instrument Track? Just for MIDI use. I know I could just set up 5 MIDI channels & 1 Audio Channel already but am wondering of an alternative.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Hi,

Lanes can’t be renamed, but you can convert lanes to racks. You can use the Comp Tool to take parts of one lane and parts of another and combine them into a final part, but using the Comp Tool takes time to learn and use well. I find it easier to convert the lanes to tracks and then cut the parts together in the project window.

The empty lane – I’ve seen that but don’t worry about it. You can try “clean up lanes” and it might work.

I don’t know all the ins and outs of duplicating an external instrument track, however, I’d think that if it is a standard synth or processor it would respond like any normal MIDI device and send audio to your interface for monitoring or recording. It should respond on 16 MIDI channels with as many audio inputs and outputs as the unit provides, per normal.

If you just want a MIDI track, just do Add Track, MIDI Track and then assign the instrument from the Track Inspector.

Ah yes. Making a MIDI Track and routing it to the External Plugin. Thanks!