Deleting Projects simply from the Cubase Folder, Hard Drive & Pool in CB 12 Elements

I have a requirement to delete some projects that I don’t need any more , but having done some research on the forums, there seems to be various ways of doing it.
I would just like it to be explained simply ( step by step ) so as I can follow it without any dramas.

Kind Regards
Alan

Hi,

It depends, how is your project structured.

If you use a dedicated folder for every project (with the common sub-folders structure: Audio, Images, Edits), them it’s simple. Just delete the parent folder in the Finder/File Browser. I strongly recommend this structure.

If you share your Audio folder among all projects, then you have to make sure, none of the used Audio file is in use in another project. If it’s not the case, delete all data from the Project. Empty the Pool and Trash the files from the Pool.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

1. I give each new project a dedicated name & date created.
  2. I save these in a master Cubase Projects Folder.

Am I correct with your reply that I only have to delete the parent project folder & all contents will be erased.

Kind Regards
Alan

Hi Allan,

No, if all your Audio files are located in the one shared folder, you can’t delete just the *.cpr file.

It depends, if you put the new project to your own folder or not.

Is your parent Cubase Projects for full of *.cpr files (and only few folders like Audio, Images, maybe Edits…)? Or is your Cubase Projects folder full of folders?

Hi Martin,

I’ve checked my “Primary Cubase Projects Folder” where I save all of my “ New & Dated Projects” & there is only “Folders” saved in here.

If I open some of these folders I find they can contain “Audio, Images, ect”. but only pertaining to the relevant project.

Kind Regards
Alan

Hi,

I don’t mean Steinberg Hub.

Could you attach a screenshot from the File Explorer/Finder of your Cubase Projects folder, please?

I have just learnt to take a screenshot.
I will try to paste it soon.

Alan

have just learned to take a screenshot of my Cubase Projects Folder[quote=“Martin.Jirsak, post:6, topic:905831, full:true”]
Hi,

Could you attach a screenshot from the File Explorer/Finder of your Cubase Projects folder, please?
[/quote]

***[quote=“Martin.Jirsak, post:6, topic:905831, full:true”]
Hi,

I

have just learned to take a screenshot of my Cubase Projects Folder[quote=“Martin.Jirsak, post:6, topic:905831, full:true”]
Hi,

[/quote]

***[quote=“Martin.Jirsak, post:6, topic:905831, full:true”]
Hi,

Hi Martin,

I have just learnt to take a screenshot.

Having some trouble getting the screenshot from the laptop to iPad .

Hi,

As I can see the folders and I don’t see an Audio folder, it seems, you make a parent for every single project, which is great.

So just by deleting the folder (for example the CUBASE 24 folder), you delete the project and all related files.

Hi Martin,

I’m extremely grateful for your assistance with this matter.

I had a few anxious moments with screenshots & pasting it to this page , but I learned a lot & it has all panned out ok.

I have deleated all of the Folders that I don’t require as well as removing them from Files > Recent Projects.

Many thanks for taking the time & making the effort to help me with my issue.

Kind Regards

Alan

1 Like