Dell Precision 7520 laptop with Cubase?or any Precision?

Hi there,

I’m thinking about getting a laptop to use with cubase. I have a powerful desktop but want to have something mobile as well. I have a good deal on a dell precision 7520 with a Xeon E3-1505M v6. 4 cores, 8 threads, 8mb cache. https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en … 0-ghz.html Anyone using this laptop or any dell precision laptop or even the same cpu? I’ll be using the laptop for general browsing and some photoshop stuff, but want it to be able to handle a decent sized cubase project. Any suggestions of other laptops people are using with good results? Cheers

A Xeon equipped Precision will work fine! You’ll want to up the memory to about 32M and you can handle it all. That’s what I’m using…

So you are using the dell precision 7520 with no issues? I’m seeing a lot of people complain about dpc latency on dell’s. Xps in particular but others have said some precisons too and the 7520 was mentioned.

I’ve found the Inspiron 7737 to be very reliable and long lasting. It is the most powerful laptop that I could find under $2,000. I do not regret the purchase one bit.

How ya, thanks for the reply. I actually went with a lenovo in the end and passed on the dell precision. I seen too many people having issues with dell’s, so didn’t want to risk it. Although plenty seem to be working away fine on them too. Cheers