desired functions...

Hey,

I’ve discovered this software little bit more since I purchase it 2 months ago and i’s very friendly to use. Still i miss the following function, because we just need it to work.

• The quarter note symbol in Dorico can’t be customised. Because in the Dorico the quarter stands for eighths-note in Germany system…,
  • We need a Menu for customising Symbols and lines.
  • We need a Menu to customising Instruments, especially to define the number of staff lines, and how many staves/Systems can be added for one interpreter.
  • Even the new Typograf is very nice, I still want to have a modern style like Helvetica. That allows me to change the text style in x-tolen bracket.

If till the middle of this year nothing of this improvement happened, I have to resale my licence, because we can’t work without those functions… I am working for people who writes complexity music like Brain Ferneyhough, So I hope my wish can come true.

Thank you very much!

o.h.s

In engrave mode, engrave menu, paragraph styles, if you change default text to Helvetica, it will show by default in sift-X popover… Not sure this is what you are looking for, though.

Can you help me understand what you mean by this, Oliver? Perhaps a picture or something will help me to understand.

Hi,
FYI, he needs to change the font for the number displayed in the tuplet brackets…

Grüße,
Benji

Ah, ok, I really did not understand, then ! ^^

Thank for rapid answer!

This picture shows the common quarter note system.

and basic on this system, every note sign with an arrow up for each eighths note.

Ah, you mean quarter-tones. Thanks for clarifying. I believe you can easily define these accidentals for yourself in the Tonality Systems dialog, accessible from the top of the Key SIgnatures panel in Write mode.

Yes, that’s what I mean, Daniel. And it was surprising that this menu is so “hidden”. We use this menu every day.

We need really a Guide for all the function, because we need to customise the software just like what we want to use. btw the videos on youtube in the last days was very nice.

Thank you for your help!

o.h.s

Yes, I know that the documentation is currently too sketchy to really help you to learn all the functions of the program. I am working on remedying that, but it will take time.