Device panels in Cubase Elements 10.5

I’m having problems finding my device panel in Cubase Elements 10.5 - there doesn’t seem to be a “device panel” drop-down on the inspector. Am I being stupid? There is the usual small box for "edit instrument ’ but that doesn’t go anywhere. Is this a shortcoming of Cubase Elements or am I missing something? Or is my XML faulty?
All suggestions welcomed…!

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I’m sorry, Device Panel is Cubase Pro only. See more in the manual. Manual for Cubase Pro 12 is here, but this page is not in Cubase Elements 12 manual.

Hmm… I thought that this might be the case - it’s frustrating, because I can load the XML and make patch changes. Is there no other way of making real-time parameter changes, even without the panel graphic??

Hi,

What exactly is your use case, please? What do you want to achieve?

Hi… I have an Access Virus Rack XL which I want to run from Cubase. Being a rack unit, it doesn’t have many physical knobs for patch editing. I can use sound diver for editing patches as a standalone, but there is no vst version, so I can’t tweak programmes when they are running from Cubase. I was hoping that Cubase midi device manager would solve that problem, but without a graphic panel, it’s going to be very cumbersome…

Hi,

OK, I agree, Device Panel would help for this use case.

Do you have any suggestions for a workaround?

Hi,

I’m sorry, I don’t know any.

Ah well… thanks for your time…!

You could look for some kind of Editor for this device. Cubase Pro is also on sale.

1 Like