Did not receive email for loop sets

https://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandevents/news/newsdetail/article/free-loop-sets-for-ur-customers-4478.html

did anybody else not get the email for these even though their UR is registered and signed to the newsletter

i really would like to have them is there anyway i can get the email sent to me

I did not receive anything too…

Me neither :cry:

Have you checked your MySteinberg account? The downloads may be there waiting for you. As far as the email goes, perhaps it got filtered by a spam filter or something? Either way, you probably don’t need the email.

when i posted this thread they were not there but i checked my account and now they are there hopefully others are the same

thanks

In my case, absolutly nothing in my Steinberg acount. I’ve got all my products listed since Cubase 4 in july 2008. In my Maill nothing in spams…

you should send a support request describing this issue with your UR serial number and date of activation and email you use for mysteinberg

i did so around the same time i made this thread and they got put in

i hope you get them

Thanks can you please tell me the mail adress of support. They don’t answer in the support part of mysteiberg…

i sent the support request through mysteinberg type of request : Other Inquiry (not for technical support)

they didnt respond to me with email only i checked a few days later and they were in my account

Thanks for your help.

Did like you said and within less than 1 day I got a response with the activation codes.
Thanks to you (and Steinberg of course)