Difference between Cubase and Nuendo

Hi guys,

I am a newbie, and I am so excited about the Cubase and Nuendo. May I know more details about the features of each one.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like
1 Like

Biggest difference is that in Cubase you can see which piece of audio or midi you currently have selected. It gets highlighted in black. In Nuendo it’s a teeny red line on the outside. Hard to see, and you can accidentally delete or change things you don’t want to change. The other differences are high end pro things like Nuage and Dolby Atmos, etc. And the cost obviously. But for starting out, the difference I mentioned will be a big deal.

Trust me…

4 Likes

I’m with you on the selection highlights, I have both programs and it’s so much clearer in Cubase, especially if you like to colorize clips in red.

3 Likes

Exactly. I find myself going back and forth, depending on what I’m doing.

1 Like

I am really glad that you mentioned it like this. Nuendo is amazing and part of my daily life for many good reasons. However, along with your point, I would like add that another big difference is that, at the moment, one can find abundance of tutorials for Cubase but they cannot find even ten percent of that for Nuendo even if they pay for it. What may be worse is that when you are asking and searching for the tutorials, some people may come and say that Cubase tutorials are Nuendo tutorials, as if there is no difference between them in the first place.

If you take all features into account though the differences are probably few. So really the question is what tutorials people want for Nuendo that don’t exist for either it or Cubase… (?)

1 Like

At the moment, In-depth tutorials are missing for:

Field Recorder Audio Import
ReConforming
Auro-3D
Bass Manager
Cue Sheet export
Game Audio Connect
Wwise Integration
dearVR Spatial Connect support
Automated Dialog Replacement (ADR) system
Version control by Perforce

And, many other things.

Is the keyword “in-depth”? I’ve seen tutorials on several of those items.

For some of them, yes, the keyword is “in-depth”. For some others, No keyword is needed.