Differences between Track and Strip Presets?

The differences between these 2 types of presets seems a little hazy to a n00b like me. Since I’m not really a “power user” I’m not quite sure why I would be picking one over the other? I realize I can drop a Strip preset into an existing track or create a track from one, but the rest is a little fuzzy.

Thanks in advance for setting me straight.
Easto

I thought this would have been a “no-brainer” for the power-users" here. It’s just something I was wondering about.

I am not a power user but I found this in the manual:

1. The Channel Strip rack is only available for audio-related channels. It allows you to load built-in processing modules for separate channels.

2. You can add tracks based on track presets. Track presets contain sound and channel settings.

So,
Strip Presets provide pre-configured channel strips, i.e processing modules to tracks

Track presets add pre-configured tracks (possibly including Strip presets) to a project. Also, a Track Preset could possibly add a VST instrument while a Strip Preset would not.

But there are still numerous issues with saving presets this way. If you run into any of them you can export selected tracks and therefore have a “preset” for multiple tracks including folder tracks.

I have found in practice that usually it is easier to export and import “track archives” than it is to use presets. These archives are only XML (if you have no data on the track), so why isn’t the preset just the same thing as the archive XML?

I don’t get it.

Thanks for the responses. Usually I can accomplish what I want to do by setting up a project template. But in certain instances I may be using a particular instrument, let’s say a Violin, and I would like to have several option for how that Violin will sound or be setup. For instance, I may want to have it playing in a full orchestra and then another time in a quartet. Should I be using a Track of Channel preset? Or does it even matter?