Different clef for transposed and concert score

Is it possible to setup a score so there is a different clef when you choose transposed pitch vs. concert pitch? I’m working on a saxophone quintet arrangement and I’d like to see the baritone and bass saxophones in bass clef when viewing in concert pitch but treble clef when viewing in transposed pitch.

Thanks.

Add an explicit clef at the start of the score - whichever clef you want to display in the score. Then, with that clef selected (orange) right-click and go Clef > Transposed pitch and select whichever clef you want it to display as in the part. Repeat for the other instruments.

I searched half the evening, giving up now. In a part lay-out (transposed pitch, coming from alto saxophone (treble clef) changing to a baritone saxophone (also treble clef). How to get rid of the bass clef? (see picture). Already tried 'setting different clefs for concert/transposed pitch (page 684 of manual). No luck. I can add a treble clef just before the bariton starts to play with ‘show for transposition’ checked in the properties, but than I have two clef changes in the part without any function…
Screenshot 2020-05-06 at 22.03.09.png

Can you export that particular layout as a separate project and attach it, Douwe? I can only assume that you’re getting the clef change there because there’s an instrument change, and Dorico really does think that the bass clef is the prevailing clef for the new instrument.

I searched for half the morning, giving up now. How to export a lay-out as a separate project? ;>). I would like to send you the complete (hour-long) saxophone part (preferable in a pm), because there are more issues in the default lay-out, mainly caused by the many system-texts. It’s theatre music with a lot of text-cues. I think you might be interested in how the part looks by default. There’s a lot of cleaning up to do…
I could also mail the complete 5mb file…

btw yes, as stated in my question, there is an instrument change from soprano to bariton saxophone, but I think this shouldn’t result in a clef change in a part…?

Hi Douwe!
You can use File>Import flow in an empty project to create a one flow project out of your entire project.
If you select Silent template, it should be lighter.
Hope it helps!

Thanks Marc, but I’m afraid I’m getting more lost. Perhaps I don’t quite get what you’re suggesting. Importing the original project as a flow in a new project results in the same amount of flows in the new project. Daniel is talking about exporting a layout as a separate project. I don’t see a way to do that. I prefer to show the lay-out of the sax-part (with all the flows). Besides my question about the clefs, it reveals perhaps some things in which Dorico might improve in the future. Attached picture are 2 pages from the part. No system breaks, no frame breaks, no manual staff spacing…Dorico’s bad hair day…

Sorry Douwe,
I misread and took layout as flow… Well, you can save your project under another name, suppress all the players not used in the layout you can share (along with their respective layouts) and you’re set. Zip it (or add.zip at the end of the file’s name) and you can attach it here. Sorry for this.

To export a particular layout, choose FIle > Export > Flows, then choose the problematic flow on the left, and on the right activate ‘Export layouts as separate projects’, then ensure that only the alto/bari saxophone layout is chosen, and that will export just that combination of flows and layouts to a new project file.

Was this ever resolved? Looking for answers. Thanks.

Not as far as I can tell. This should be something that’s straightforward to set up when you’re adding players.

1 Like