Different sound (distorted) when in pre- or post-send insert

Hi,

Does someone have an explanation why a plugin sounds different in a pre-send or post-send insert? I haven’t this never before.

pre-send is (to) much more distorted.

Regards,

Martijn

Hi,

This is not Pre-/Post-Send, but Pre-/Post-Fader. I don’t know, what plug-in did you use. Actually, it also means, it’s Pre-/Post-Channel Strip. So if you use any compressor in the Channel Strip, this could affects it.

Could you send a screenshot of the whole signal chain?

Because the whole signal / signal level might be different.

The manual is (to me :wink:) somewhat confusing:

Moving Inserts to Post-Fader or Pre-Fader Position
For each audio-related channel, you can add 6 pre-fader and 2 post-fader inserts.
PROCEDURE 1. Right-click an insert effect in a pre-fader position. 2. From the context menu, select Move to Post-Fader Slot. To move a post-fader insert to a pre-fader position, open its context menu and select Move to Pre-Fader Slot.

I always thought that you could change the upper 6 insert slots to post-fader by right-clicking it. The last two insert slots are always post-fader so it seems.

So it must be my fader setting. I will check later on.

Regards.

Hi,

Actually, you cannot switch the plug-in to the Post-Fader. You can move it to the Post-Fader slot. First 6 slots are always Pre-Fader and last 2 slots are always Post-Fader in the Inserts.

Yes, I’m getting it… Sorry for the confusion!

The first 6 inserts are pre-fader / pre (buildin) EQ. The last 2 inserts are post. Sends can be right-clicked and configured pre/post fader.

I think I’m on track again! Thanks for the input.

Regards,

Martijn