Different Sound on note input and playback

When I put in notes in write mode, I hear a different sound than the assigned sound on playback. It would be nice to have the assigned sound on note input too. Anything I can do?

Thanks

Can you say a bit more about the specific situation you are experiencing, Ingo? Are you inputting using a MIDI instrument or using step-time input? How does the sound you hear during input differ from the sound you hear during playback? Does this problem affect all projects, or just one?

Hi Daniel,

it is obviously not on all Projects. I have to find out, when it happens, and when not…

Something along these lines suddenly happened to me this morning on a project that used to work fine. The Reh Pno part plays back with a piano sound, but I hear a very different (String Bass? Elec Pno?) sound when playing in from my MIDI Kbd either in Step Time or clicking in and out of the Reh Pno staff to try out alternate harmonies.
midiTest230315.dorico (838.0 KB)
I’d add a Diag Rpt, except that it comes out at 15MB.

EDIT: Looks as if resetting my Playback Template cured this situation. Sorry to bother everyone before I thought to check that.