differnce between le 4 and le 5

Hi
New to the site. I was wondering if there was a difference between LE 4 and LE 5? I have already got and am using LE4, but I have bought a midii keyboard controller which came with LE 5 - is there any point in installing it? If there is and i do, will i have to re authorise VST instruments e.g ezdrummer etc, or will they load automatically?
Thanks

There are comparison charts on the web, Google brings them right up.

I’ve looked, can find LE4 against studio 4 etc but not LE4 against LE5. All i need to know is there any advantage with one than the other, e…g. not having to use instrument tracks for ezdrummer - and if installed on same PC can i just pull ezdrummer etc in or do i need to reauthorise?
Cheers

They aren’t together, you have to pull up each and compare. How can someone say if there’s an advantage if you don’t provide any workflow details, as it’s totally subjective.

Plugs are handled the same in both.

gimpwizard: Probably not much, but between Le4 - Le5
and Cubase 6 - Cubase 6 is Light years ahead.
gimpwizard I highly recommend you purchasing
Cubase 6. You’ll never regret it. :wink:

Jack :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi
Cheers for that, cubase 6 full is out of my price range - are referring to elements as well? It would be good to be able to split ezdrummer into 8 midi tracks which LE can’t do - i assume that elements can.
Cheers

gimpwizard: Just solo and Export ( to audio) your 8 midi DrumTracks one at a time
back into your project.
I have Cubase Le4 still and do this quite abit. Yes
Le4 doesn’t have VST instruments ( with the activate all outs button)
like Cubase 4,5,6 have. Check on EBAY for some possible used
versions of Cubase 4-5- and maybe 6. :wink:

Jack :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ps: gimpwizard , I still use "THE SARGENT PEPPERS approach
of limitatations of a 4-track and work around it.
There’s alot of things you can do with Cubase Le4,
but Cubase 6 is much better. :wink:

Cheers guys
I’ll try the demo of elements and see what happens. I tend to record audio but now i’m getting used to cubase thought i’d have a go at recording midi. so will probably have more questions soon!!!