Difficult to read font in C7 (Mac)

I’m trying out the demo version of C7 and while I like a lot of things (assuming the performance problems get fixed), one thing I don’t like is the scratchy, difficult to read new font in the Key Editor etc. Attached are screenshots from C7 and C6.5 which clearly show the difference (I’ve got an older iMac without a retina display). Has anybody else found this?
C7 display.jpg
C6.5 display.jpg

Aloha C,

and thanks for the comparison pics or I
(and many others I’m sure) may not have even noticed.

(tho’ I believe this has been a previously posted issue)

IMHO
the C6.5 version is much more legible.

{‘-’}

I noticed that too…
I thought its only because my display but obviously more people does have the same problem…
Is a ticket already opened for this issue?

Thanks for the replies - I did a quick search but couldn’t find anything. Trouble is it’s one of those things that irritates once you do notice it, so apologies for those who hadn’t before :blush:

I’ll raise a ticket anyway, as it won’t do any harm if it has already been reported.

That’s one of the first things that popped up to me when first playing around with C7. When recording a track, track name is quite blury.

It really jumped out at me when I’d just been using Logic, as normally I find Cubase easier on the eyes. I’ve logged it with technical support now so hopefully it will get fixed soon.

Should never have happened. :smiley:

This is true, I was trying to figure out if they’d found a new ‘ragged’ font, or the old font was being displayed at a lower resolution. I guess we’ll never know…

It has not only been posted already but there is a LOT of postings about the new unreadability in C7. Thanks for posting the direct comparison pics. Opens old scars though to see it so directly. I myself have big difficulties with the new version since I am very shortsighted. :blush: :cry:

Yes, I’ve found some of the other posts now, I was searching for the wrong terms. I sympathise as my eyesight isn’t so great these days and I’m finding C7 almost unusable because of this. I really like a lot of the new features but would be reluctant to upgrade until this is sorted out.

I’ve been able to get some very slight improvement playing with display settings and color sync utility. It does not really make that much of a difference, but it helps a bit.

I hope they will take care of this problem, but their silence on the issue is not encouraging.

I have a retina display, fonts are foggy and too hard to see

I was a windows user for 20 years but as of 2 weeks ago changed to a 27" iMac
First thing I complained about was the text.
I’ve gotten used to it now ,though I understand the frustration.
This is across OSX really. If you press ALT CMD and \ it toggles font smoothing but i’m guessing that doesn’t do much to solve your problem.

WOW!! and a major Mahalo to you Harry.

After all these years on a Mac I thought I knew
pretty much most of Apple/OSX the Key Commands.

But I did not know of that one.

And IMHO
You are right that it does not seem to really help in Cubase 7
but it might be quite useful in some other apps.

tanx again
{‘-’}

Yes, I notice this terribly. I’ve brought this up twice before (call me a whiner, if you like) but there has been no comment from Steinberg.

Yes, thanks - I didn’t know about this shortcut, I’ll try it out tomorrow. I found today that if I took my glasses off the text don’t look so bad as everything was a bit blurry, so a workaround I guess.

Yes, thanks - I didn’t know about this shortcut, I’ll try it out tomorrow. I found today that if I took my glasses off the text don’t look so bad as everything was a bit blurry, so a workaround I guess.