Direct offline process - sync issue

Hi there

is anyone having issues with direct offline process where after you render a file the waveform changes drastically and so does the sync of the audio file?
for now to fix this I have to undo and then redo the process

This issue used to occur with RX7 and 8 when processing multiple clips. Haven’t had the issue happen with single long clips or any other plugins.

It’s happening when I use RX 9 de-click or de-crackle (haven’t tested this with any of the other RX 9 modules)

I thought it was the process range not being set to 0ms but I made sure it was and it still happens, also it happens even when you’ve only selected one event, so I’m not sure if it’s a RX problem or a Nuendo problem.

I’ve been having this issue with some plugins as well, on Nuendo 12.0.52.

Specially with Acon Equalize2. With Neutron EQ this doesn’t happen.
In my case undo/redo only works some of the times.

Anyone knows why this is happening?

Just stumbled over this post. I’m having the same issue with Nuendo 12 - batch processing multiple events with RX 10 via direct offline processing (using RX Connect and then sending audio back to Nuendo) leads to unpredictable shifts in the wave form. Events stay in place but the wave form inside the events shifts forwards.
That’s particularly bad when working to picture in post production where RX is an essential tool - suddenly the audio is out of sync and moreover phasing occurs due to boom and lav tracks being out of sync.

Anyone found a solution to this? Batch offline processing is a huge time saver and so far the only solution I see is processing every event individually.

Just a friendly heads up: Izotope’s RX has been having many issues with Nuendo over the past few years. No word from Izotope as to when that will be resolved.

You can search this forum for “fixes” for your particular issue.

1 Like

We have a lot of problems with RX here because, as Nicholas wrote, it doesn’t really want to work with Nuendo. But we have never had the problem you describe.

1 Like

I too experience this to happen with Acon Digital Plug-Ins e.g. DeVerberate 3. It’s just a few milliseconds. But not always and everytime a little different. I also had this inside of RX 9. So in my case it appears to be an issue with Acon Digital, not Steinberg. Maybe the latency of the Plug-In isn’t communicated correctly to the Plug-In host.

I use rx and acon. I did not notice this problem. On the other hand, I notice a sluggishness as I use and grow the project as I apply the permanent offline render command.
Same problem with using extensions. spectralayer example. sometimes listening is no longer possible. you have to undo the editing work and then start all over again. I also note that the selection of a sample or part of a track does not necessarily select this sample even if in spectralayer 9, which requires you to do it manually. sometimes this sample selected in the arrange window is not selectable in spectralayer. however, no lag.