Direct Offline Processing

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I have recently upgraded to Cubase 10 Pro from 6.5 Pro. When I used to use the “direct offline processing” in Cubase 6.5, it used to have the option at the bottom of the plugin “more” & it used to open up another panel below the plugin to control like the tail length/start, crossover point etc (in ms).

This seems to be non existent now, I don’t want to use a bunch of plugins, because I am trying to only effect a certain part of the audio & the tail start ms option used to give me that.

I’m not sure if this is the same thing as in 6.5, but I got there the same way by right clicking on the audio clip & then selecting the plugin - I have also gone into the audio menu at the top, but it seems this is only option.

Hopefully there is a way to re-locate this feature, its my only con with Cubase 10 - Sorry I am no very descriptive, I just cant remember exactly what it was called.

Thanks everyone. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for the reply.

Although, it isn’t quite what I was looking for.

This only allows you to control the length of the output tail.

The setting I was looking for had a fade in for when the actual effect would apply to the audio.

Eg: If the audio sample was 800ms, you could set it so the plugin effect would only start from 200ms onwards, leaving the first 200ms dry. Say it was a kick drum & you only want to effect the tail, the fade in option used to give you this option.

If this still doesn’t help, I am going to ask my mate that still runs 6.5 to get a screenshot for me.

Sorry again if it didn’t explain well!

Thanks

So I downloaded the Cubase 6 Manual - this is what I was talking about the crossfade part (in need of the pre-crossfade).

Any ideas? I have checked the Cubase 10 Manual, but can’t seem to find it.
processing.jpg

really miss this feature alot! Please Steinberg, bring back the crossfade function!!!