Disable Media Bay From Loading VST

Hi,

Is it possible to disable the Media Bay from loading a VST to preview a Midi Loop?

When loading a preset from my Virus TI, the plugin loads in the Media Bay and so doesn’t allow a 2nd instance to load in the actual project. (Because I only have 1 Virus connected)

I still want to preview audio files of course.

Hi,

What preset type is it, please?

Hi, I have a MIDI Loop saved, which automatically loads the VST to preview the loop in the Media Rack. The issue is when it loads the Virus TI thus blocking it from being loaded a second time in the project.

Hi Martin,

I assume there’s no way to do this?

It would be nice to have the option to disable the Media Bay from loading VSTs. 1. Due to the issue with Hardware and 2. To avoid the slow reaction of scrolling through presets.

Hi,

The problem is the MIDI loop remembers its MIDI Out. If you would drag the MIDI Part to other track (with HALion Sonic SE instrument loaded) MediaBay would use HALion Sonic SE while Preview, so it wouldn’t block the Virus MIDI Port.

I know it’s a workaround, not really straightforward.

Hi Martin,

But that would eliminate the Virus preset / track presets if I’m right? Which would make saving the preset (other than having a midi file) useless.