disabling direct monitoring UR824 with Ableton Live

dear,

sorry if this has been answered before, but I just can’t find a solution. I’m doing a theatre show where I have 4 microphone inputs into my ableton live into a surround setup (and some extra speakers, 7 in total).

However, I can’t turn off the direct monitoring of my steinberg UR 824. the manual of the DSPmix portion of the DSPMixFx portion of the cubase manual is’n the most extensive explained verion of the whole cubase manual.

I tried choosing choosing my DAW as direct outs in DSPmixFx, instead of mixes 1 through 4. or muting all the outputs of DSP mix. That didn’t change anything.

Does anyone know how I can bypass the direct monitoring (since this is a live show, I only want the signals that were passed an processed by ableton without hearing the direct signal through my outs.

kind regards

Stijn

Stijn

Hi

I tried choosing choosing my DAW as direct outs in DSPmixFx, instead of mixes 1 through 4. or muting all the outputs of DSP mix. That didn’t change anything.

Mute the inputs in DSPmixFX

yep that was the solution, had tried it before. But now found out you have to mute all the inputs on all the mixes (multichannel setup)