Discount for ostinate Steinberg-Costumers?

As in, which version of Cubase you´re upgrading from.
If that´s not a discount for Steinberg customers I don´t know what is…

the crossgrades and upgrades are really fine, nothing more about to say, but if i want to buy an audio-interface or another Product of Steinberg, there is no care for it…

Hi,

Well my advice for any NEW potential Steinberg customers would be to absolutely definitely NOT crocodile your way up the ladder via the UPGRADE method. I estimate that it cost me around at least DOUBLE the price (ie. migrating from Artist_6 thru 8_Pro) rather than if I had simply purchased a FULL version in the very first instance.

Paul

Care to share the arithmetic on how that worked?

I started with an edu license of Artist 6 I believe, currently at Pro 8 and I can upgrade a couple of times more before I’ve paid the full price of a pro license…

I can’t think of any electronic company that will give discounts like that. They don’t want used gear.
Try your local or national music stores. I sometimes trade in gently used gear and get fair trade in prices around 60%
Of the new price…

As for discounts I think Steinberg is one of the most generous companies on the market. Their grace period upgrade
Is very cool… The education discount is also great and when you upgrade your license becomes regular.

And the whole topic is really pointless anyway…
No matter how much “discount” they give, there will always be those who think it is still too expensive.
If it is a good value to the buyer, they buy it. If not, they look at the competition.
If Steinberg has the best value (i.e. the best product for price point) customers will remain loyal without any additional discounts. If a buyer doesn’t buy the best product for the price point for them and instead buys a different product because they got a “loyalty discount” then they are a sucker.

or they got more proud to themselves and got not enough money to throw it away :wink: